Today Nervos launched a new and improved Nervos Layer 2 – Godwoken. Over the course of the next few weeks numerous dApps and projects will be launching on this 100% EVM-compatible Optimistic rollup. It’s an exciting time as the future of the Nervos ecosystem growth starts now!
L2 New Benefits
100% EVM-compatible Optimistic Roll-up
Now 100% EVM-compatible, the Nervos Layer 2 enables projects building across a variety of sectors, including DeFi, gaming, and NFTs, to easily create or quickly port their dApps. Additionally, projects will benefit from instant interoperability to other chains, allowing them to organically expand their audiences—a vital part of growing a successful project.
Thanks to an improvement on the Web RPC Layer which increases the transaction capacity of the network, completing transactions on Nervos Layer 2 is faster than ever. Interacting with dApps within the current and future ecosystem will now be a fluid, seamless experience for all users.
Open Access and Support
After a previously months-long whitelisting period, now all dApps and projects are free to build on the newly launched Layer 2 in a permissionless environment, marking a significant development milestone as Nervos moves toward its long-term goal of true decentralization.
L2 dApps Launching
As a preview of dApps and projects that will be deploying on the new and improved Nervos Layer 2 – Godwoken, here is a short list of a FEW of them. In addition to those ones listed, many more will be launching over the coming weeks and months so make sure to follow Nervos as we’ll be providing updates on new announcements and launches.
- Celer Network, a blockchain interoperability protocol enabling a one-click user experience for accessing tokens, DeFi, GameFi, NFTs, governance, and more across multiple chains.
- Multichain, an infrastructure developed for arbitrary cross-chain interactions in Web 3.0.
- Connext, a fully trust-minimized crosschain communication protocol to make blockchains composable.
- Band Protocol, a cross-chain data oracle platform that aggregates and connects real-world data and APIs to smart contracts.
- Poolz Finance, a decentralized cross-chain IDO platform built on top of Web 3.0 infrastructure to enable crypto projects to raise funds before listing.
- XP Network, a provider of multichain solutions for Web3, the creator economy, and the NFT industry.
- PulSarSwap, a next-gen TWAMM DEX.
- Candy Chain, a creator-first platform for smart contracts enabling users to easily deploy their NFT projects to multiple chains.
- Oblivion, a marketplace platform for finding, collecting and creating NFTs.
L2 Developer Support
To help support developers, Nervos recently funded the Build Club program which provides direct support to projects through marketing guidance, Web3 educational resources and direct technical support to help bring new Web3 ideas to life on Nervos. The program is for anyone who is passionate about creating Web3 projects with real-life applications and a desire to transform them into scalable businesses. The Build Club is open to all and accepts members working on DeFi projects, Web3 tooling, ported dApps, utility projects, NFTs and more.
If you are a developer and would like to begin building on the new and improved Nervos Layer 2 – Godwoken just visit Start with Nervos to see all the key technical information you need to get started right away. And if you require assistance and support please look into applying to join the Build Club program where you can join one of the many teams developing on Nervos and get support on your journey to bring your idea to life!
- Nervos Layer 2 Information: www.nervos.org/godwoken
- Developer Documentation: www.startwithnervos.com
- Godwoken Documentation: https://docs.godwoken.io
- Build Club Program: www.buildclub.xyz
The launch of the new and improved Nervos Layer 2 – Godwoken marks a major step for our current ecosystem and community. This launch is the take-off point for the growth of our ecosystem and we look forward to seeing a wide range of dApps launching on the improved Layer 2 very soon!