A total of $7,000 USD in CKB is up for grabs, as well as the chance to Be the Nervos Brand while showcasing your designs to the blockchain community!
Since Nervos was founded a few years ago, we’ve been evolving and making significant strides in building a layered blockchain architecture ideal for the next generation of decentralized applications. Now as we close out 2020 and look forward to 2021, we want you to be a part of our latest blueprint.
The new Nervos logo and branding designs were recently announced on Cointelegraph and to celebrate, we’re hosting a community design contest called #NervosSocietee to find the next great designs for the Nervos swag store.
But first, a little about why we’ve updated our branding…
The new Nervos branding and logo
Its been two years of huge growth at Nervos — the community-led launch of Lina and the Nervos CKB mainnet in 2019 were massive milestones. This year, we have been partnering with other projects and exchanges, bringing in developers, establishing incentive programs, and growing teams and projects to further expand our ecosystem.
With the foundations set, we are now ready to enter the broader market with a splash and an eye catching impression thanks to our brilliant new branding — But we want you to have a play with it and design us some stylish swag.
We’re rolling out a new look for Nervos, and want our community to be a part of the change. There’s a lot of talent in the Nervos community and we want to showcase that brilliance through our swag.
So what are the rules? Here’s the deal:
Anyone can enter, but if you’ve got a great eye for design, even better 🙂
We want you to design EITHER a hat OR a t-shirt using ONE of the following themes below
Theme 1: Our Core Values — which are:
INNOVATION. OPENNESS. TRUST. SUSTAINABILITY. PERMISSIONLESS ACTION.
How do you envision the future of the Nervos community within Crypto Culture.
Note: You can submit more than one design, but only one will be shortlisted and eligible for a prize.
*Reference Templates and Max Print sizes here
We’ll be accepting submissions starting December 21st, until January 18th 0:00 UTC.
The Nervos Foundation will then create a shortlist of 10 designs (for each category; 10 shirts and 10 caps) by the 18th and voting on Twitter/Weibo will begin on January 19th. Once the finalists are announced, simply “like’’ and/or retweet your favorite design to cast your vote.
Voting closes on January 24th and the winners will be announced by January 25th via Twitter/Weibo.
We will have two winners per category (T-Shirt and Hat)
The two 1st place winners will win $1750 USD worth of CKB and the 2nd place winners will receive $750 USD worth of CKB. All shortlisted designers will receive $100 USD worth of CKB!
Before you submit your design, see the branding guidelines and “Terms and Conditions” section below.
We can’t wait to see what you create!
To stay updated on all things Nervos:
Terms and conditions
- Eligibility: #NervosSocietee competition (the “Contest”) is open to everybody who is at least as old as the minimum age of majority in the jurisdiction from which they enter the Contest. Those who are employees of Nervos Research & Development GmbH or its affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, advertising, promotion and publicity agencies (“Sponsor and its agents”) or who are immediate family members or persons living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and void where prohibited. By participating in the Contest, the participant signifies his or her full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules.
- Timing: The Contest begins on December 21st, 2020 at ) 0:00 PM UTC and ends on January 18th at 0:00 PM UTC (the “Contest Period”) and consists of the phases set forth in the chart below:
IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ENTRANTS: ENTRANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE APPLICABLE CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD TIMES IN THEIR RESPECTIVE TIME ZONES.
- How to Enter: During the Submission phase, submit a t-shirt or hat design for either category of; Crypto Culture Themed Design or Nervos Values Design in the form of a post on Twitter/Weibo using the following hashtags: #NervosSocietee. If for some reason these methods are not accessible please visit (the “Contest Site” or “Site”), follow the directions to submit your T-Shirt Design. By uploading your Entry, you agree that it conforms to the Entry Guidelines and Content Restrictions as defined below (collectively, the “Guidelines and Restrictions”) and that the Sponsor, may disqualify you from the Contest if it believes, in its sole discretion that your Entry fails to conform to the Guidelines and Restrictions.
- Winner Determination: The winner will be determined according to the following:
- Submitted entries will be reviewed and categorised by our Nervos Team panel. There will then be a shortlist of 20 entries (10 per category) as identified on Twitter/Weibo, Weibo, (the “Contest Site” or “Site”). The shortlist entries are judged based on Originality and Creativity equally.
- Judging Phase: The two categories will be judged by a Peoples Choice to select the prize winner. The winners will be selected based on an accumulation of points based on the following value structure:
- 1 Point per “like” on the submission
- 2 Points per “Retweet” on the submission
In the event that entrants have the same amount of points, the winner will be determined by time of Entry from earliest to latest.
- Winner notification: The potential winners will be notified by inbox messaging via Twitter/Weibo that the Entrant used for submission within seven (7) business days after the end date of Judging
- Winner Response time: Ten (10) days
- Prize: There will be ten (10) finalists prizes awarded for each category specified in item 4. Each finalist will receive:
- Total prize value in CKByte (CKB) equivalent to 100 USD
There will be one (1) people choice prizes awarded for each category specified in item 4.
Each winner will receive:
- Total prize value in CKBytes (CKB) equivalent to 1750 USD (one thousand seven hundred and fifty US Dollars)
- Second Place winners will receive total prize value in CKBytes (CKB) equivalent to 750 USD (seven hundred and fifty US Dollars)
Guidelines and Restrictions:
- Technical Requirements
- Entries must include any listed hashtags that are specified in Item 3 of the Rules Schedule within the searchable text of the Entry.
- Content Requirements
- Entries must pertain to the # contest theme, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. For purposes of this Contest, all Entries will be presumed authored by the person submitting the Entry. You may not incorporate your own facial likeness, or that of another person, within your design. Entries submitted in this Contest must not contain any pornography, or other illicit, illegal, defamatory, morally offensive or obscene content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Entry containing racial, religious, or ethnic slurs, explicit language, obscene, pornographic, violent, or sexual content, or libel, hate speech, references to alcohol, drugs or other illicit substances, or otherwise objectionable, offensive, illegal, inappropriate or prohibited material. Any Entry that incorporates prohibited content, including but not limited to, third party creations, trademarks, names, or other third party property(ies), or the work of creative consultants, or any content that is pornographic, illicit, or otherwise in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion violates the above Guidelines and/or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, may not be accepted for entry and may not be eligible to win any prize in this Contest.
- By entering, entrants warrant that their Entries contain only Sponsor-provided Contest Assets, if any, and/or their own, Original Creations. Entrants further warrant their Entries do not contain any third party copyrighted materials, and otherwise do not violate or infringe the rights, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights or rights of publicity/privacy, of any third party.
- Each entrant may enter the Contest multiple times during the Contest Period. Entries received from any person or email address in excess of the stated limit will be void. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void.
- With the upload of the Entry, the entrant consents that the Sponsor may use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes without paying any further compensation to the entrant. If requested, the entrant will sign any documentation required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Entry. The Sponsor and its agents are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected Entries, all of which will be void. Physical copies of Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- In the event of a dispute regarding any Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address or Twitter/Weibo account used to register will be deemed to be the entrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
- Personal Information: Nothing in these Official Rules shall be deemed to exclude or restrict any of the winner’s or the entrant’s statutory rights as a consumer.
By participating in this Contest, each participant agrees:
1) To the extent allowable under applicable law and, in the United States, subject to and without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which the participant may be entitled as a consumer under the consumer guarantee provisions of the Swiss Consumer Law in relation to the operation of the Contest and any prize won, to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with this Contest or any Contest-related activity or the receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize won.
2) The Contest is governed by and interpreted in accordance with the substantive laws of the United States. The parties agree that any dispute arising under these Contest Rules will be resolved in the appropriate courts of the United States and the parties hereby submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the the United States courts provided that the entrant will not be deprived of his or her statutory rights and legal protection as a consumer granted by the laws of their country of residence.
- Nervos reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. © Winners are responsible for any applicable taxes on prizes.