Welcome to the monthly newsletter for all things Nervos! Get caught up with the latest updates from the Nervos Foundation, Community, Ecosystem & Development teams.
Updates from February include:
🏦 Exchange listing on Voyager
💰 $5M DeFi ecosystem grant fund
🏆 Binance x Nervos trading competition
🖥 New website
🌉. Force Bridge and GliDex overview
🔥 TrailBlazer interview & fresh community content
Nervos Marks Major Milestone with First U.S. Crypto Listing via Voyager
We’re excited to announce Voyager, a publicly traded, fully-licensed crypto-asset broker, has listed CKByte ($CKB), the native token of the Nervos Network, for trading and transfers. Starting today, Nervos community members in the United States* will have the opportunity to invest in and trade CKB with USD alongside 55+ other crypto assets, including BTC and ETH.
New Nervos Website
After months of work, we launched the new Nervos website, complete with a new brand experience and streamlined resources for our growing community.
Nervos Looks to Empower a Shift to DeFi with $5M Grant for Blockchain and Fintech Entrepreneurs
Nervos has looked to bolster a shift towards the power of decentralized finance by pledging $5 million to blockchain and fintech entrepreneurs building new solutions for the future of decentralized finance (DeFi).
GliaDex: A Demonstration of a Universal Application at Work on Nervos
GliaDex is a demonstration of a Universal App built on Nervos that allows users to trade CKB for ETH, for example, with only one wallet. This trade on GliaDex means a user can choose their preferred wallet and still cross chains for different assets.
Nervos 2020: A Year in Review
After being founded in 2018, and hitting some foundational milestones in 2019, 2020 was set up to be a breakout year. And it was, The Nervos Network accomplished much in the previous 12 months, smashing through more milestones to position itself for the next stage of growth into 2021.
Nervos Quarterly Report: A Look Back at Q4 2020
Following a massive year of growth for the Nervos ecosystem, we shared the major updates, tools, and partnerships announced during the last quarter of 2020. Most of the ecosystem progress in Q4 can be sorted into two categories, infrastructure and interoperability 2.0, or as we like to call it: The Universal Passport to Blockchain.
Magic Circle Taps Nervos to Streamline Security Token Offerings (STOs) for SMEs
Nervos and Magic Circle will work to drive commercial adoption of tokenized digitized securities on Nervos, further developing technical and business standards as more enterprises look to access the capital markets via STOs.
TrailBlazer Spotlight: Jinho: South Korea
In Part One of our TrailBlazer Spotlight Series, we spoke to Jinho, from South Korea. He gave us some insight into the South Korean blockchain space and how it has been growing a Nervos community over there.
Holding Tight: Keeping $CKB Through a Bull Run
In the first installment of Hodlr’s Digest — a series of stories about Nervos and $CKB from our community — we spoke with $CKB holder Houmu, an early investor in Nervos and $CKB.
How Nervos is Tackling the State Explosion Problem Facing Smart Contract Blockchains
The issue around the growing state on chains like Ethereum is that while solutions such as state rent or stateless clients have been proposed, foreseeable complications have prevented any progress in tackling this problem. The fact that Buterin is looking to address the issue is of course promising, but there is a solution that has been implemented by Nervos already, since its inception.
- We hit 30 thousand followers on Twitter in February
- We partnered with CoinMarketCap in an Earn competition so users could watch videos, take quizzes, and be entered to win $CKB.
- We announced the winners of the #NervosSocietee design competition.
- Daniel Lv held an AMA for the China community to talk about Nervos’ plans for 2021.
- Nervos was given the “2020 Most Influential Public Chain” award by Guanhuo.
- Nervos was honored to receive the “2020 Most Influential Public Chain” award from DeepChain.
- We released a cool video to demonstrate how Nervos is unpacking blockchain’s potential and creating a platform for Universal Applications.
- Jan penned an article about State Explosion and its impact on Ethereum.
- We announced a Town Hall exploring the 2021 roadmap.
- We published another episode of Hashing It Out, where Matt, Jordan, and Luis explored the Force Bridge and GliaDex.
- Kevin joined Binance for an AMA on Nervos and CKByte’s listing.
- Chico Crypto went in-depth discussing Nervos in a recent video.
- CryptoRick shared his thoughts on the potential of Nervos on his channel.
- Satoshi Sean covered all things Nervos on his YouTube channel.
More Ecosystem & Community Content
We published more great content from the community this month. Make sure to share and mention @NervosNetwork to have your content included!
- The team behind CKByte released ckbytes.net, an information hub on everything Nervos and $CKB, for the community. See here.
- Nervos community member Yixiu (@yixiu_yx) outlined Nervos’ architecture. See here.
- Matt fielded questions from the Bithumb community during an AMA. See here.
- @CKBytes explained $CKB issuance and token supply in a recent post. See here.
- Nervos Korea community leader Jinho kicked off a Nervos Korea Twitter channel on Feb 18th. Follow @NervosKR and check out our localized blog posts to see what’s going on in the Korean community!
- Nervos Russia community lead Alena launched a Nervos Russia Twitter channel. Nervos Russia also held a community quiz and Binance AMA. Follow @Nervos18 to stay updated on the latest in the Russian community!
- Nervos en español held an AMA session for the CryptogodsMx Telegram
- community. See here.
- The Spanish-speaking community is learning about the CKB ecosystem through our ‘Introducción a Nervos Network’ technical course
- for beginners and intermediate users. See here.
- DeFi en español and NervosNetworkES are working together to progress DeFi growth by spreading knowledge to Spanish speakers in LatAm and around the world. See here.
- Williams introduced GliaDex and Interoperability 2.0 in the WeChat group. WeChat ID: NervosNetwork
- Nervos China kicked off a writing competition in February. See here.
- Nervos wished the community a Happy Lunar New Year with special events. See here and here.
- Nervos wished the community a Happy Lantern Festival. The Lantern Festival is celebrated on 15/01 in the Chinese calendar. It marks the final day of the traditional CNY celebrations. Children go out at night carrying paper lanterns and solve riddles on the lanterns. See here.
To stay updated on all things Nervos: